Monday 15 November 2010

Marked For Glory



Going to Menton this summer was quite the treat. I went there with the purpose of photographing some of the most beautiful Arabian horses in the world, and wasn't disappointed. Except perhaps with the weather. Having waited two days and enjoyed the brilliant sunshine of the French Riviera, I watched the clouds move in the hour before the show was due to begin. The rain timed it perfectly, and started with the show.

Still, nothing could take away the pleasure of seeing a stream of such beautiful creatures floating through the arena. They're really magical!

Marked For Glory was one of the first paintings I did based upon what I saw at Menton. He isn't just a stunningly beautiful stallion, he has a really kind expression in his eye and seems to be quite at ease with the showing and the applause.

I hope to do many more of the horses I saw in Menton, because they are very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment